When we hear what are some stress relievers you ask? Some people have what they call a “stress lifter” they can take their mind off of the worries and stresses that come with everyday life.
Some people simply learn to accept the stress that comes their way and take it in stride. It is all a matter of how we handle the stress and whether we can learn to say yes or no to certain activities that will bring on stress.
If we are able to say no to certain things then it doesn’t make them stress relieving.
Take a moment to think about what you do when you start to feel like fighting Chix. You probably do not even realize that you are getting ready to go there.
For most of us, it is a game that we play for several minutes every day and then it suddenly becomes very intense and we can’t seem to take it anymore.
There are some who say it is not the stress that causes us to feel like this, but rather the fact that we let ourselves get stressed out so quickly.
- Meditation: Meditation is often said by many to be the key to time management and stress relief. By taking a moment to practice meditation you can feel refreshed and calm. You may even discover that you actually begin to lower your blood pressure and stress level.
- Self-help: We all know that self-help can help us become more effective at taking care of certain issues, but did you know that it can also be a great source of what are some instant stress relievers? One of these is finding good books on self-help for new moms. These books are great because they will provide you with tips for taking care of your newborn and being a good mother.
- Deep breathing exercises: These are just what they sound like. They involve deep breathing and trying to make that inhaling last as long as possible, while exhaling at the same time. This makes you more relaxed and can actually help you reduce the amount of stress you are feeling in a given moment. It can be done alone or with someone, and it has been known to be very effective for stress relief. A couple of different types of deep breathing exercises include belly breathing, and slow deep breathing.
- Reading: Reading can be a great way to relieve stress, and it is especially great for new moms. One of the things that has been said about reading is that you can literally have a discussion with your child without speaking a single word. This is a great way for you to bond with your child and create an environment where they feel heard and understood. A few different kinds of books you can read to help you get through this period are story books, coloring books, or even short stories.
- Meditation: A lot of people relate meditation to yoga, but they are two very different things. While both can be very beneficial, there is one key difference between the two that can lead to long-term stress relief. While practicing yoga you focus on a physical routine and while practicing meditation you focus on an emotional routine. This is not to say that you cannot practice yoga, but you must do it in a way where you aren’t focusing on the actual physical routine, and rather, you are focusing on letting go of any worries that you may have about what is going on.
- Saying no: Sometimes taking care of a problem is more about saying no than it is about taking care of the problem in the first place. If a certain situation is causing you undue stress, it may be time for you to decide just for yourself that you’re not going to deal with that issue anymore. That doesn’t mean that you will never change your mind or that you won’t ever have a fight, because at times, that happens. What you’re saying in those situations is, “I will not participate in this anymore, and I will not allow this to become a major part of my life.” This is a stress reliever in and of itself.